It’s been a busy week in Bovine County getting ready for the big Burgeron Family Reunion at the end of August to celebrate ol’ Nana Lou’s 100th birthday. To make sure the whole family will be able to participate in this monumental event I’ve (Nana Lou) provided computers and iPads along with a requirement to attend computer classes for the computer illiterate Burgeron’s.
Land sakes, I don’t know how we’re going to keep track of this all. (I hear little Bonnie Burgeron is creating a Wiki for us. Thank you dear.) And it doesn’t help that we’ve had quite a time with people mixing up the spelling of our family name. Thanks to Don for helping to straighten this out with his post “The Bergerons and the Burgerons“
With the hiring of Dr. M., a family genealogist/therapist, we’ve begun documenting a family tree. Why she’s even building her own tree house near the Burgeron Trailer to maintain privacy for her sessions. (If you want access to the family tree site send a tweet to @mdvfunes or @NanaLou022) Ever since that big flood of ’57 we’ve been scattered to the wind. http://youtu.be/74pH86rYIQc With the discovery of an old box of photos we’ve found and identified Burgeron family members, past and present.
- Comet Burgeron
- Don Burgeron Current owner of the Burgeron trailer at 106 Stories Lane in Bovine County Texas (Don and the Damn Dumb Cows)
- Aunty Cornelia (Now that was one strong woman!)
- Great Great Aunt Elsie the suffragette and her partner Hélène Dutrieu who protested alongside Roxy Louridge
- Little Boo the Family Ghost
- Aunty Henriëtta – A member of the old Dutch branche of the Burgeron family and renowned accordian player (recording included)
- Nana Lou – (Yep I thought I’d better formally introduce myself along with everybody else.)
- Ron Burgeron – shares the disastorous results of his Crush on Betty-Lou
- Reggy (Reginald Righley Smithe) – the illegitimate son of Ron Burgeron who recently found out who his real parents were and will be arriving in his own trailer.
- Rochelle Louridge (aka Rochelle Lockridge/Rocky Lou) CEO of GIFaChrome and a family songstress
- Roxy Louridge – Nana Lou’s mother and the inventor of GIFaChrome.
- Sappho– you can call her Sappy- My granddaughter is becoming our official family author
- Stefanie: her father may be our long lost Bubba Burgeron who was thought drowned during the flood of ’57
- Teddy Burgeron (Pa to West, Sappho and Don)
- West Burgeron -family dreamer
and last but not least my great-great granddaughters Bella & Bonnie Burgeron have joined the fun and have begun posting to the family site.
- Bella Burgeron Loves Origami (written by Bonnie on behalf of her sister Bella)
- I Have a Different Middle Name Everyday
Another noteworthy event this week was Ron Burgeron (a self-proclaimed wanna-be musician) finding and making new recordings of our family song The Burgeron Trailer Blues . He’s even caught the family on tape practicing for the big reunion.